At Leap Green Energy, we believe actions speak louder than words. Hence, we make it our endeavor to give back to our societies and communities with the aim to better their lives and make a significant impact in their future. Our initiatives promote societal welfare and uplift weak sections of our society, in various sectors of infrastructure, education, health and more. Leap Green Energy works for a better tomorrow, and our campaigns and activities speak for the same.
Contribution Towards COVID Relief Measures (Coimbatore):
Leap Green had met the Superintendent of Police, Coimbatore District, Shri. S. Selvanagarathinam I.P.S on 25th May 2021 and handed over PPE Kits for the protection of Police personnel from COVID 19.
Contribution Towards COVID Relief Measures (Tenkasi):
Leap Green team had met the Superintendent of Police, Tenkasi District, Shri.G.Suguna Singh I.P.S on 28th April 2021 and handed over PPE Kits and camping equipment for COVID prevention and control measures.
Contribution Towards COVID Relief Measures (Tirunelveli):
Leap Green team had met the Superintendent of Police, Tirunelveli District, Shri. N. Manivannan I.P.S on 27th April 2021 and handed over PPE Kits for the protection of Police personnel from COVID 19.
Contributions of Bio Toilets
CSR Contribution of Bio Toilets for Erode District, Tamilnadu presented to District Collector Shri S.Prabakaran I.A.S
Contributions of Bio Toilets
Letter of appreciation received from District Collector Shri. Innocent Divya I.A.S, for contribution of Bio toilets and atmospheric water generators to Nilgiris District Tamilnadu
Atmospheric Water Generators
Contribution of Bio Toilets and Atmospheric Water Generators to Nilgiris District, Tamilnadu.
CSR Activity towards Eco Restoration Programme in Nilgiris District, Tamilnadu.
Disaster Relief (Floods in Cuddalore) : 250 families in entire Chokkankollai Village, provided with essential items.
Preventive Healthcare : Erode
Promoting Preventive Healthcare: The Company has also supported Perundurai Medical College of Erode District, in purchasing medical equipment.
Preventive Healthcare : Coimbatore
The Company supported health care activities by funding construction of Palliative care unit at Pachapalayam, Coimbatore District, Tamil Nadu.
The Company has also supported PSG Ganga Naidu Charities to build class rooms and hostel for the benefit of less privileged girls. The Company has also provided Water purifying systems to rural government schools.
The Company has conducted rural health camps in surrounding villages near its site offices. Leap Green has also carried our tree planting activities in surrounding villages near its site offices. Leap Green has also supported rural orphanages for elderly.
Promoting Gender Equality
Promoting gender equality, empowering women, setting up homes and hostels for women and orphans and measures for reducing inequalities faced by socially and economically backward groups.
The Company participated in contributing to provide the basic needs of the poor and downtrodden near our wind farm sites in Rajasthan State who were grossly affected by the lock down due to COVID-19 Pandemic.
Donation to Elderly Care Home
CSR Activity at our Palladam Site with donation of Steel Cots, Coir Mattresses, bed Sheets, Plastic Chairs,Office Tables for Swami Sachithanantha Memorial Vallalar Natural Welfare Foundation, Siva Puram, Karadibavi (via), Coimbatore.
The Company has donated Tables, Chairs, Sports kits, Water Pumps, RO Water purifiers, School Bags, Stationaries, Lights, Ceiling Fans for Local Government School, Shajapur District (M.P).
Donation of 500 sets of Table and stool
Celebration of 74th Independence at our Dangri Site with donation of 500 sets of Table and stool for school students at Higher Secondary School, Dangri Village, Jaisalmer District.
Provision distributed in Jodhpur site area
The Company participated in contributing to provide the basic needs of the poor and downtrodden near our wind farm sites Jodhpur in Rajasthan State during COVID-19 pandemic.
Donation of Cooking Essentials
The Company has donated Cooking Essentials to Anganwadi rural child care centre in Arasarkulam village, Radhapuram, Tirunelveli District
Donation to Panchayat office
Leap Green Energy donated a Laptop computer and water tanks to Panchayat office in Udhyathur site, Tirunelveli District
Toilet Donation for School
CSR Activity at our Radhapuram Site with a donation of the toilet for St.John’s Primary School Vattavilai, Radhapuram, Tirunelveli District
Tin Sheet Shed Donation for School
Tin Sheet Shed fabrication done under CSR Activity at Government School in Belwa Village by Leap Green Energy Private Limited
The CSR activities be undertaken by Leap Green Energy P. Ltd. collaboratively with the subsidiary companies. However, the reporting of the activities undertaken shall be separate for each company as stipulated in the CSR rules. Any or all of the activities as enumerated below shall be undertaken by the Company under the CSR ambit
- Eradicating hunger, poverty and malnutrition, promoting preventive health care and sanitation including contribution to the Swach Bharat Kosh set up by the Central Government for promotion of sanitation and making available safe drinking water,
- Promoting education, including special education and employment enhancing vocation skills especially among children, women, elderly and the differently-abled and livelihood enhancement projects
- Promoting gender equality, empowering women, setting up homes and hostels for women and orphans, setting up old age homes, day care centres and such other facilities for senior citizens and measures for reducing inequalities faced by socially and economically backward groups
- Ensuring environmental sustainability, ecological balance, protection of flora and fauna, animal welfare, agro-forestry, conservation of natural resources and maintaining quality of soil, air and water including contribution to the Clean Ganga Fund set up by the Central Government for rejuvenation of river Ganga
- Protection of national heritage, art and culture including restoration of buildings and sites of historical importance and works of art; setting up public libraries; promotion and development of traditional arts and handicrafts;
- Measures for the benefit of armed forces veterans, war widows and their dependents;
- Training to promote rural sports, nationally recognized sports, Paralympics’ sports and Olympics sports;
- Contribution to the Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund or any other fund set up by the Central Government for socio-economic development and relief and welfare of the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, other backward classes, minorities and women;
- Contributions or funds provided to technology incubators located within academic institutions which are approved by the Central Government; Rural development projects.
The CSR activities shall be undertaken within the territory of India.
- Every year, the Company shall with the approval of its Board of Directors make a budgetary allocation for CSR activities/ projects for the year. The budgetary allocation will be based on the profitability of the Company and the requirements of applicable laws.
- The Company expects to spend the budgeted amount allocated for CSR activities/ projects planned for each financial year, within that year. If for any reason, the budget of a year remains unutilised, the same may be carried forward to the next year for expenditure on CSR activities, which were planned for implementation in the previous year, but could not be completed due to some reason. The CSR Committee and the Board of Directors will disclose the reasons for not being able to spend the entire budgeted amount on the CSR activities as planned for that year in the Annual Report of the Company.
- Any surplus arising out of the CSR activities, projects or programs shall not form part of the business profits of the Company.
- Implementation and monitoring of the CSR activities will be overseen by the CSR Committee which will plan for CSR expenditure each year and set-up budgets up to 2% of the profits (PBT) of the Company.
- The Company may take up the implementation of CSR project with its own manpower and resources, if the CSR Committee is confident of its organizational capability to execute such projects.
- If in the opinion of the CSR Committee, the implementation of CSR projects requires specialized knowledge and skills, and if the Company does not have such expertise in‐house, the wherewithal, and dedicated staff to carry out such activities, the CSR Committee may decide to avail the services of external specialized agencies for the implementation of such CSR projects.
- In the event an external agency is engaged for the purposes of the CSR initiatives of the Company, the Company will need to enter into an agreement with the relevant executing/implementing external agency, setting out the terms and conditions of the engagement of the external agency.
- The Company recognizes that monitoring is critical for assessment of the progress as regards timelines, budgetary expenditure and achievement of targets. Monitoring will be done periodically with the help of identified key performance indicators, the periodicity being determined primarily by the nature of key performance indicators.
- Monitoring will be done in project mode with continuous feedback mechanism and recourse always available for mid‐course correction in implementation, whenever required.
- The performance of the Company’s CSR activities would be monitored on the basis of their achievement of annual targets and the utilization of their annual budgets for the activities planned and the targets set for each year.